1.403. Acclamation of the Greens
- White marble double column (H. 2.24 × W. 0.27 × D. 0.52).
- Cut on the flat face of the column, at H. 1.46 from the lower edge.
- Clear, angular, irregular letters, 0.025-0.03.
- Fifth-sixth century (content)
- Tetrapylon: in the eastern colonnade of the street to the east.
- Original Location:
- Last recorded location:
- History of discovery:
- Excavated by the NYU expedition in 1985.
- Published by Roueché, Aphrodisias in Late Antiquity 184 and plate xli, whence McCabe PHI Aphrodisias 833.
- Text constituted from:
- Transcription (Roueché). This edition Roueché (2007).
The fortune of the Greens triumphs!
See discussion at ala2004 X.6.