8.79. Seat inscriptions: Theatre, loose block
- Block (H. 0.32 x W. 0.725 x D. 0.11) apparently formed by cutting down a theatre seat.
- On the surface, which has been hacked, presumably in preparation for the subsequent plastering.
- Clear, crude lettering, l.1, 0.09, l.2 0.03 - 0.06.
- Second to sixth centuries A.D. (context)
- Theatre Baths: reused in a late partition wall in the complex to the east.
- Original Location:
- In Theatre cavea
- Last recorded location:
- History of discovery:
- Recorded by the NYU expedition.
- Published by Roueché, PPA 46.X.16.
- Text constituted from:
- Transcription (Reynolds, Roueché) This edition Roueché (2007).
Reserved. ?Don't quarrel
See Performers and Partisans, 46.