12.516. ?Place inscription of Philothe[os]
- A large white marble masonry block (H. 0.94 × W. 0.78 x c. D. 0.21).
- Cut on the face.
- Irregular, av. 0.03, phi 0.07.
- second to third centuries A.D. (context)
- Walls, South-east: re-used on the south face, on a bastion, a short way west of the south-east gate.
- Original Location:
- Last recorded location:
- History of discovery:
- Copied by Picenini (BL. Add. 10102 34r), whence Sherard (BL. Add. 10101 46r); ?by Bailie; by Loew; by Waddington; recorded by the MAMA expedition; by the NYU expedition.
- Published by Bailie, Fasciculus, no. 73, cf. Researches 50 and 83; by Kirchhoff, from Sherard and Bailie, CIG 9272, ; by Waddington, LBW 1650; by Franz, from Loew, no. b.15; from all these by Ramsay, Cities & Bishoprics 554, no. 426, Grégoire, IGC 249; Cabrol, DACL 14, col. 795, no. 20; by Cormack, from the MAMA records, MAMA 8, no. 599; by Roueché, Aphrodisias in Late Antiquity no. 209 and plate xliii, whence McCabe PHI Aphrodisias 682.
- Text constituted from:
- Publications; notebooks; transcription (Roueché). This edition Roueché (2007).
Place of Philotheos ?.
See discussion at ala2004 XI.17.