15.311. Funerary fragment; stray and undated
- Fragment from the lower edge of a marble sarcophagus front (W. 0.25 × H. 0.12 × D. 0.35).
- Inscribed in a single line on the moulding.
- Standard forms, 0.02; ΜΗ in ligature.
- Perhaps second century A.D. (lettering)
- Stray in 1979.
- Original Location:
- Last recorded location:
- Museum (1980)
- History of discovery:
- Recorded by the NYU expedition in 1979 (79.23)
- Text constituted from:
- Transcription (Reynolds) This edition Reynolds (2007).
- 1 [·· ? ··]Ο̣Σ μηδενὸς ἔ[χοντος ἐχουσίαν [·· ? ··]]
- 1[ - - - ]·ΣΜΗΔΕΝΟΣΕ[···············]
[·· ? ··] no one having [he right to bury anyone else there] [·· ? ··]
From a version of the standard text which lists those who may be buried in the tomb and follows the list with a ban on anyone else.