15.359. ?Donor prayer from a church
- White marble fragment (H. 0.21 × W. 0.15 × D. 0.17) from the crowning feature of a balustrade; the top is smooth; one side has a moulded profile, the other is smooth, tapering inwards. The underside has been left rough. Resembles 1.12, 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.16, 1.192, 5.122.
- Inscribed in one line on upper fascia of moulded profile.
- Lunate epsilon, cursive alpha; av. 0.035.
- Fifth/sixth century or later (lettering).
- Stray find.
- Original Location:
- An unidentified church, ?crowning the chancel barrier.
- Last recorded location:
- History of discovery:
- Recorded by the NYU excavation in 1992 (92.47).
- Published by •Roueché (2004), 239.
- Text constituted from:
- Transcription (Roueché). This edition Roueché (2007).
Eutychianos (gave or made) or Of Eutychianos.
See discussion at ala2004 VII.22.